What is Alkaline Water?
Alkaline water, as the name suggests is water that is more acidic when compared to the normal drinking water.The acid in water is represented by its PH value. In alkaline water, this value will be higher when compared to normal water. Natural water has a PH of 7. Alkaline water will have a PG higher than that-usually 8 or 9.Due to its natural form, many experts believe that drinking alkaline water reduces the total acid that is naturally produced in the body.
Benefits of Alkaline Water:
Alkaline water offers the following benefits:
- The use of a good alkaline water purifier has been known to improve the level of metabolism in our body. This, in turn, has several health benefits. Poor metabolism has been known to cause health hazards. Thereby by improving metabolism, your body can prevent quite a few diseases.
- As a result of the above, alkaline water helps to resolve the problem of obesity in humans.
- As per a few studies, it has been confirmed that alkaline water indeed offers a great advantage to your bone health. The process by which the old bones of our body are replaced by the new ones happens smoothly when we drink alkaline water.
- As per a few experts, alkaline water is known to reduce the risk of the body to get cancer or other harmful diseases.
- Alkaline water is known to treat the problem of acid reflux. Thus, it helps to protect the acidic elements of the food from splashing on to your food pipe. Alkaline water of PH 8.8 is known to be effective in such a case.
- The use of alkaline water has long been known to improve the skin health of an individual. It helps to reduce the process of aging. Not only that, but it is also considered good for the hair as well. The reason for the same is the presence of antioxidants that can be absorbed by your body easily.
- As per a few experts, regular consumption of alkaline water helps people who have the problem of high blood pressure. It helps to stabilize the blood pressure in the body. This, in turn, helps to positively impact people who are suffering from diabetes and other related health concerns.
Risks of Using Alkaline Water:
There are risks involved in the consumption of alkaline water as well. The following are the risks associated:
- If there is too much intake of alkaline water, then there can be issues related to digestion.
- It also causes skin irritation.
- Besides, you can also face the problem of nausea and vomiting.
- If you consume too much alkaline water, then there are chances that the free calcium of your body is reduced. This, in turn, can adversely affect your bones.
- Sometimes, muscle aches and tremors are also known to occur in people who drink too much alkaline water.
- If you suffer from kidney-related concerns, then you should avoid drinking alkaline water.
As is clear from the above article, alkaline water has certain advantages. However, there are risks involved as well. You should keep the same in mind if you do decide to start drinking it.